The Friends of the Solana Beach Library
This year the Friends of the Solana Beach Library will award four $1,000 scholarships for education beyond the high school level.
Applicants can be:
• Graduating high school seniors
• Career/technical/vocational school students
• Community college students
• Undergraduate college or university students
• Graduate or medical or other professional students
• Adult re-entry students, continuing their education in an academic, technical or vocational program
To qualify for a 2022 Friends of the Solana Beach Library Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of these criteria:
• Live within the Solana Beach city limits
• Plan to attend a community college, a four-year college or university, a career/vocational/ technical program, or a graduate/professional school program within the United States
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for the last three years of school attended
• Need financial assistance to help with school expenses
• Submit an application, plus a short essay, the permission form, and two letters of recommendation, by May 31, 2022
Members of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Solana Beach Library, their immediate family members, and other members of their household are excluded from consideration.
To download a scholarship application and answers to frequently asked questions click on the following links below:
The Mission of the Friends is to aid and support the Solana Beach branch of the San Diego County Library.